Alexander Vlahos was born on the 30th of July, 1988 in Swansea, South Wales. His first language is Welsh.
He studied Acting at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in Cardiff, graduating with a BA (Hons) degree in 2009 where he appeared in productions of Hayfever, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Country Music, Richard III & The Misanthrope.
His first job upon leaving drama school was Crash (BBC Wales/Red Planet Pictures), playing the semi-regular role of Dylan.He later went on to appear in daytime medical drama Doctors (BBC) in a week-long storyline, Master Of The Universe, where he played the lead role of Lewis Cutler. The episodes were then nominated for 'Best Single Episode' and 'Spectacular Scene of the Year' at the ITV British Soap Awards 2010.
He is now best known for his role in The Indian Doctor (BBC), playing Tom Evans opposite Sanjeev Bhaskar, Ayesha Dharker and Mark Williams.
He has also starred in the BBC One drama Privates, a show about 8 young lads who are part of the last intake of the National Service. He played Private Keenan, a main character, the show aired between 7th January-11th January 2013.
Since November 2015, he portrays Monsieur, or Phillipe d'Orléans in the series "Versailles"
- Alexander is the youngest member of the cast, a position previously filled by co-star Colin Morgan, who plays Mordred's enemy, Merlin.
- His role model is Andrew Scott.
- His father is Greek and his mother is Welsh, that's why he has a rather unusual and exotic surname.
- Played ice-hockey, from ages 8 to 18, before becoming an actor.
- Alexander has been considered for the role of the 12th Doctor, on the other BBC casted show, Doctor Who.
Interview about MordredEdit